AGFACTS Newsbrief Summary – August 2017
- Information from the AGFACTS Used Tractor database indicates that the average power of tractors in the database has increased from 75 kW in 1996 to the current level of approximately 122 kW.
- The average age of tractors in the AGFACTS Used Tractor database has come down from a level of approximately 13 years during the period 1995 to 2000, to just below 8.0 years currently.
- The trend in the overall year-on-year price change of agricultural machinery has been relatively stable in recent months. The current overall year-on-year price decrease (smoothed) is 2.3%.
- The sixth estimate of commercial maize production for the 2016/2017 season is 15.969 million tons, 105.3% more than in the previous season.
- The preliminary area estimate for wheat for the 2016 season is 498 850 ha, marginally (1.9%) less than in the previous season.
- Year-to-date tractor sales to July 201 amount to 3 540 units, 4.0% up on last year. (Reported sales exclude export sales.)