AGFACTS Newsbrief Summary – August 2016
- Information from the AGFACTS Used Tractor database indicates that the average power of tractors in the database has increased from 70 kW in 1995 to the current level of approximately 120 kW.
- The average age of tractors in the AGFACTS Used Tractor database has come down from a level of approximately 13 years during the period 1995 to 2000, to approximately 8.0 years currently.
- The trend in the overall year-on-year price change of agricultural machinery has been relatively stable in recent months. The current overall year-on-year price increase (smoothed) is 16.4%.
- The seventh estimate of commercial maize production for the 2015/2016 season is 7.262 million tons, 27.1% less than in the previous season.
- The preliminary area estimate for wheat for the 2016 season is 486 350 ha, marginally (0,9%) more than in the previous season.
- Year-to-date tractor sales to July 2016 amount to 3 403 units, 14.3% down on last year. (Reported sales exclude export sales.)