AGFACTS Newsbrief Summary – October 2017
- The AGFACTS Tractor Sales Index (smoothed) has been moving steadily upwards since August 2016, breaching the 1.00 level in June It now stands at 1.04.
- The overall wheat crop is expected to be 1.717 million tons in the 2017 season, 10.1% down on last year.
- The trend in year-on-year price changes of all categories of agricultural machinery is now upwards. The current overall year-on-year reduction in prices (smoothed) is 2.2%.
- Year-to-date tractor sales (excluding exports) to September 2017 amount to 4 675 units, 4.2% up on the same period last year.
- Year-to-date self-propelled combine harvester sales (excluding exports) to September 2017 are now 8.1% up on those of last year.