AGFACTS Newsbrief Summary – October 2016
- The AGFACTS Tractor Sales Index (smoothed) has moved sideways in a fairly narrow band between 0.90 and 1.00 since February 2013. It now stands at 0.91.
- The overall wheat crop is expected to be 1.700 million tons in the 2016 season, 18.1% up on last year.
- The trend in year-on-year price changes of all categories of agricultural machinery has now turned downwards. The current overall year-on-year increase in prices (smoothed) is 15.4%.
- Year-to-date tractor sales (excluding exports) to September 2016 amount to 4 486 units, 13.7% down on the same period last year.
- Year-to-date self-propelled combine harvester sales (excluding exports) to September 2016 are 15.6% down on those of last year.