AGFACTS Newsbrief Summary – September 2016
- Prices of five-year old used tractors are significantly (10.0% – smoothed) higher, on average, than they were twelve months ago.
- The eighth estimate of maize production for the 2015/2016 season is 7.297 million tons, 26.7% less than in the previous season.
- Sunflower production is expected to be 12.0% up on last year. Current grain sorghum production is forecast to be 32.0% down on last year. Groundnut production is forecast to be 57.4% down on the previous season. Soya bean production is forecast to be 29.9% down on last year. Dry Bean production is forecast to be 51.7% down on last year.
- Revised area estimates for wheat for the 2016 season are 498 000 ha, marginally (3.3%) more than in the previous season.
- The trend in the overall year-on-year price changes of agricultural machinery is currentl slowly upwards. The current overall year-on-year increase in prices (smoothed) is 16.6%.
- Year-to-date tractor sales to August amount to 3 863 units, 15.3% down on the same period last year.