Contained in this bilingual (English & Afrikaans) publication will be comprehensive specifications on more than 300 tractor models from 15 different manufacturers. Compare individual models on an ‘apples-for-apples’ basis, whether it be a 11 kW ‘garden’ tractor or a 410 kW articulated ‘giant’.
Features of the Tractor Guide (Grey Book)
Technical specifications covered in the ‘Grey Book’ will include the following:
- Engine – type, cylinders, displacement, cooling, aspiration, power, torque, torque reserve;
- Transmission – forward/reverse gears, ratio/main change, road speeds, clutch, differential locks;
- Power Take Off – speed/engagement, engine speed at 540/1000, PTO power at 540/1000;
- Hydraulic System – linkage category and sensing, lift and pump capacity, number and type of remote control valves;
- Steering/Tyres/Brakes – steering, tyre sizes, type and operation of brakes;
- Dimensions – length, wheelbase, width, front and rear track widths, turning circle, ground clearance, height;
- Mass – basic mass, mass as sold, maximum permissible mass;
- General – fuel tank capacity, ROPS/Cab/Air conditioning.